To make matters worse, defeating Agramon left Greta tainted with a dark magick. Its unclean power threatens to destroy her and everything she loves. With the Goblin King’s life and the very peace of Mylena at stake, Greta must find a cure and fast.
Her only hope lies with the strange, elusive faeries in the Glass Kingdom…if she can get there before the evil within her destroys everything.
5 Things You Don’t Know about Greta from Greta and the Glass Kingdom
1) So, the thing you probably can’t miss about Greta is that she really hates winter. But after all this time having to listen to her complain about it, I think I’ve got to cut her some slack.
You see, she finally admitted that she used to LOVE winter. Especially when the bright sun bounced off the fluffy white snow. She’d loved the snowball fights, and building snowmen on Saturday afternoons with her brother. She always wanted to go snowboarding, but never got the chance before ending up in Mylena. And somehow you’d think that a world of winter would be all about the skiing, snowboarding, and assorted cold-weather fun, but…not so much. The combination of constant, punishing weather, and being stuck in a world where everyone hated her eventually sucked the joy out of it for her.
2) Greta is a strong, kickass bounty hunter who can totally take care of herself, and yet she wasn’t always so sure of her own abilities (even now, there are moments…) Greta would kill me if she knew I was telling anyone this, but as a child she was painfully shy and insecure. She never got stellar grades in school, and always felt a little stupid. But in Mylena she started to think that maybe she had something better than smarts. Maybe she was destined for something other than math homework and biology labs.
3) Greta has a birthmark on the back of her leg just under her butt cheek that looks a little like a strawberry. Nobody has ever seen it, not even her. In fact, she has no idea it’s there and if someone should ever find it…she’s going to be SO embarrassed.
4) Greta’s favorite color used to be pink. She had a pink backpack and pink shoes, and even wore pink clips in her little girl blonde hair. After Mylena, Greta’s favorite color became orange. Orange is the color of the juice her mother used to pour for her in the mornings, and the color of sunshine.
5) Greta’s favourite treat in the whole wide (human) world is…licorice. Yes, the big bad bounty hunter would trade her soul for a Twizzler. And when it comes to Mylena, she used to say there was absolutely nothing redeeming, nothing she liked about the icy, harsh place at all. But recently she’s found several things to like about this place that had once been so forbidding. At first, it was just the tea—made from a hardy linberry fruit. Sour and bold, it takes a little getting used to…a lot like someone she knows. And now there’s one more thing she likes about Mylena, too.
To survive, Greta has hidden her humanity and taken the job of bounty hunter—and she’s good at what she does. So good, she’s caught the attention of Mylena’s young goblin king, the darkly enticing Isaac, who invades her dreams and undermines her will to escape.
But Greta’s not the only one looking to get out of Mylena. An ancient evil knows she’s the key to opening the portal, and with the next eclipse mere days away, every bloodthirsty creature in the realm is after her—including Isaac. If Greta fails, she and the lost boys of Mylena will die. If she succeeds, no world will be safe from what follows her back…