Top Ten Fast Recipes for Writers (or busy Moms)
We’re all busy, right? And we all still need to eat, even those of us that like to snack on twizzlers while trying to make our daily word count goal. When I’m hitting the word goal hard, I have a few go to recipes that satisfy the dinner need, and some even get to go in a crockpot!
Hopefully I won’t have to break from writing this post to make anyone dinner because just writing about dinner, is enough for me.
- Dump Thanksgiving Turkey: Turkey breast in a crockpot with cranberry sauce and French onion soup mix dumped on top. In 6 hours you have a yummy warm dinner that will please the most picky family.
- Chili Dinner: Into the crockpot mix a chili pack mix, ground beef and our favorite beans. At dinner time serve with shredded cheese, lettuce, and call it a meal!
- Seriously? These people want to eat again? For the love! Call it breakfast at dinner and break out the toaster because we’re having Frozen Section Waffles! For bonus points, give them sprinkles and make bacon.
- Everyone loves bacon. Case in point, make some barbeque beans. Take two cans of Pork and beans, mix in a bottle of BBQ sauce, ¼ cup brown sugar, and throw in a pan. On top, add slices of as much bacon as you can stomach (read: the whole package) Bake and then broil until thick, and bacon is crisp and yummy yummy looking.
- If your beans make it to the table without you eating half the bacon pieces off, then you are a better person than me.
- Another dinner. Seriously? What are these people growing, or something? Coffee counts if you add cream to it. That’s a dairy, right?
- McDonald’s. To get in extra writing time, refuse to open their toys for them and watch them struggle with it, while trying not to cackle. You’re welcome.
- I’ve lost count and patience to keep feeding these people, who I consider must have a tape worm. So we’re doing pasta and lots of it. Ground beef, dump sauce. Boil pasta. Everyone gobbles it up and I only have four million dishes to wash. Score.
- Ice Cream.
- There’s no number 10 because I’m shipping everyone to grandma’s. Break out the wine!
About Blood Debt
The queen of the underworld has a new play toy and her name is Jessica Blood.
Bad boy Duncan Jasper and passive healer Amanda Blood are on the run for their lives with a horde of demons on their tale. The queen of the underworld, Lourdes, wants Amanda to free Lourdes from her prison and it’s all on Duncan to keep this from happening.
But Amanda’s soul is fractured and bleeding thanks to the torture she suffered at the hands of the high-level demon, Vaughn. Now a painful ritual is her soul’s only chance at survival. If Duncan fails, Jessica Blood may never be free from the chains that bind her to Lourdes.
Demons swarm to their location and Jessica walks right into a trap they’ve set for her. But to cure her sister, Amanda will have to embrace the pain and welcome the beauty of death.
All before they get ready to stand off against Lourdes and the demons of hell, coming to claim their souls.
Hold onto your seats! Long-held family secrets and heartache are about to be revealed.
Order on Amazon (Free on KU)
Buy Blood Lust Book 1 Amazon
About the Author:
But instead, I’ll say I don’t want to write like everyone else. I don’t want to craft stories you’ve read a thousand times before. I want my novels to be a cinematic experience, blending themes, genres, and situations unlike any you’ve ever read.
I want to break the rules. I want you to break out in a cold sweat as you read my books out of fear, love, and excitement. I want my books to be an experience. When you finish, I want you to feel something. Good or bad.
If you do, then I’ll have succeeded. If not, I’ll keep trying.
Must be US address and 18+ Fill out the form below to enter
a Rafflecopter giveaway