Fun Facts about The Domino Project
- The Domino Project idea came from an amalgamation of two other ideas.
- Neither of the base ideas behind the book featured Sai as the main character.
- Chameleon got K.T. her first ever agent
- In the original draft Bastian and Dom got mixed up in scenes far more than K.T. likes to admit.
- Sai’s name is – you guessed it – partially due to the Japanese weapon Sai. This reflects a base of her heritage and her abilities.
- Bastian was named because KT’s never been able to get the name out of her head since hearing a German 90’s song called: Bastian.
- Dom is short for Domino. KT feels no pride in her lack of creativity in this regard.
- Nimue was named because of an old Everquest character KT used to raid with.
- Originally there was no double agent, but it made the plotline difficult to pull off and one of KT’s cps got into the genius juice during brainstorming and made the suggestion – and here we are!
- Deign was always a bitch.
- At one point, the book was called Ebony, for one of the materials that make up the game piece also called Dominos. Ivory and Bone were also considered as names for the sequels at that point.
- After extensive revisions of book one, Hybrid and Parasite required a lot of adjusting – which included the removal of two characters and the insertion of Sai’s healing abilities.
- In hindsight naming Mathur such was a bad idea. The amount of times autocorrect insisted he was mother are too many to count.
- The whole first ten chapters of Parasite had to be mostly rewritten.
Parasite (The Domino Project #3)
by K.T. Hanna
Release Date: February 22nd 2016
Summary from Goodreads:
With the Damascus closing in on the Exiled, Sai and Dom must put their grief and inner demons aside as they rush to free the people of the Protected Conglomerate from the influence of the psionic grid.
Chipped and placed under house arrest with a guard, Bastian’s only hope lies in reaching his core to disrupt Deign’s ruthless plan.
Intent on putting a stop to the Damascus and the GNW’s reign, Dom discovers the true extent of the parasite within. Just when Sai thinks the Exiled have a chance, their greatest weapon turns on them.
Previous books in the series (clink on image for Goodreads link):
To celebrate Parasite’s release, Chameleon and Hybrid are on sale for $0.99!
Praise for Book #1 – CHAMELEON
“Hanna takes familiar sci-fi genre elements… and spins dystopian gold.” Kirkus Reviews
About the Author
KT Hanna has a love for words so extreme, a single word can spark entire worlds.
Born in Australia, she met her husband in a computer game, moved to the U.S.A. and went into culture shock. Bonus? Not as many creatures specifically out to kill you.
When she’s not writing, she freelance edits for Chimera Editing, and chases her daughter, husband, corgi, and cat. No, she doesn’t sleep. She is entirely powered by the number 2, caffeine, and beef jerky.
Note: Still searching for her Tardis