A huge THANK YOU! to the fabulous Sahara Roberts for nominating me for this award! It’s a super-cool award that is awarded by bloggers to bloggers, and the rules are simple:
1.Link back to the person nominating you for the award
2.Display the Very Inspiring Blogger logo
3.Reveal 7 things about yourself
4.Nominate 7 others to receive the award
So let’s get started with seven things about me:
1. I have a Ph.D. in eighteenth-century British literature–but, despite having recently started writing romance novels, I have yet to write a historical romance. Maybe someday I’ll use my knowledge of the period to write a Regency or a Restoration-era novel, but so far all my writing about the period has been entirely academic.
2. I am obsessed with science fiction and fantasy television. I teach writing courses in my other job, and when I grade, I often have Buffy or Supernatural or Star Trek or Farscape or The Walking Dead (and the list goes on) playing in the background. When it’s time to start writing, I have to turn the shows off, though.
3. I keep a running list of words I swear I will never use again in my writing–and every time I proofread something, I add words to it. I anticipate that someday I will be reduced to a, an, and the.
4. I hate to cook–but I envy people who enjoy cooking!
5. I wrote my first novel as part of National Novel Writing Month–it was the first book I finished, and although it’s changed quite a bit since that first draft, it’s still one of my favorites. And it’s coming out next week!
6. I’m a seventh-generation Texan. And although I’ve lived all over the country (New Orleans, New York, Los Angeles, Birmingham, Atlanta), I keep coming back to my home state.
7. As much as I love coming home, though, I also love to travel. Some of my favorite places to visit are London, Venice, Athens, Bangkok–and anywhere with a beach!
And now I’m nominating the following people for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award–just a few of the wonderful authors and bloggers I’ve met in this publishing journey. Surprise, y’all! I hope you choose to pass the award along!
Kriss, the Cabin Goddess
Melanie M. of Fang-Freakin-Tastic Reviews
Ella Marie at Reading is a Way of Life